Thursday 13 June 2013

Alex Rider series almost finished.

I finished reading the eighth book in the Alex Rider series, Crocodile Tears, a few weeks ago. However, I've been delaying reading the ninth, Scorpia Rising, as it is the last one, and I think I'm going to be quite sad when it all ends. Some of the books in the series have been better than others (Snakebite is my personal favourite, closely followed by Scorpia), but I've enjoyed them all.

Luckily, I'm halfway through a couple more amazing series, the Young Bond books by Charlie Higson and the Jimmy Coates books by Joe Craig (the seventh book has just been published). I've also just read the first Vampirates book by Justin Somper, so I've got lots to read over the summer.


My top ten eleven twelve series of children's books:
1) Alex Rider (Anthony Horowitz)
2) Young James Bond (Charlie Higson)
3) Artemis Fowl (Eoin Colfer)
4) Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling)
5) Jimmy Coates (Joe Craig)
6) Cirque du Freak (Darren Shan)
7) Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
8) The Chronicles of Narnia (C.S Lewis)
9) The Mystery books (Enid Blyton)
10) Percy Jackson (Rick Riordan)
11) The Enemy (Charlie Higson)
12) Gone (Michael Grant)

What have I missed? What series do I need to read next? What is your number one series?

Mr Biddle

5 comments:

  1. OK, I've started reading it. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished. All done. No more Alex Rider. My favourite was definitely Snakehead, closely followed by Scorpia. I'll wait a while and then read them all again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My top 5 books I like reading are:

    1) Endal (a book about an amazing dog)
    2) One Dog and his Boy
    3) Tom Palmer
    4) Tom Gates Genius Ideas
    5) The Hunger Games

    ReplyDelete
  4. My top 5 books are:
    1.Devil Walks
    2.Ghost Stadium
    3.Zom-B
    4.Niteracy Hour
    5.White Fear

    ReplyDelete
  5. My top 5 books are:
    1) Niteracy Hour
    2) Skeleton Key
    3) The Boy in the Dress
    4) Gangsta Granny
    5) Singenpoo Strikes Again

    ReplyDelete