Monday 18 March 2013

My email from Michael Rosen, by Alex

Last week I sent Michael Rosen an email to ask him some questions. I was delighted when he replied. Here is the email he sent me, and the one I sent him.
I'm Alex from West Earlham Junior School in Norwich, and I'd love to ask lots of question about you and some of your books.
Firstly, I've read one of your book called Michael Rosen's Sad Book, which was heart-warming but I was crying on the inside. But one part of your book said about your mum and your brother dying. How did you feel when that happened? It also said you didn't want to talk about it, so why did you put in your book?
WHEN I WRITE A POEM ABOUT SOMETHING, THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO SAY ABOUT IT. IF THERE WAS SOMETHING ELSE THAT I WANTED TO SAY I WOULD SAY IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. I'VE WRITTEN A COUPLE OF TIMES ABOUT THE MATTER OF HAVING A BROTHER WHO DIED. 
Next, apart from books, I've always loved sport. At the moment I love Norwich City FC, so what's your favourite football team and what's your favourite sport? Also, did you watch the Olympics last year? Were you surprised about Britain's finishing position?
MY FAVOURITE TEAM IS ARSENAL. MY FAVOURITE SPORT TO WATCH IS FOOTBALL. I WATCHED SOME OF THE OLYMPICS. I DON'T KNOW WHERE BRITAIN FINISHED. 
One thing I'd like to know is are you married and do you have children? You don't have to answer, but I would like to know.
I AM MARRIED AND I DO HAVE CHILDREN.
Also, can you tell me how long you have liked Roald Dahl and what inspired you to write his biography? Where did you find all that information about him? What is your favourite Roald Dahl book? Have you got any other favourite authors (not you)?
I STARTED TO LIKE ROALD DAHL BOOKS WHEN MY OLDEST SON WAS A BOY. THE INFORMATION ABOUT DAHL CAME FROM MY OWN MEETINGS WITH HIM, FROM TALKING TO HIS FRIENDS AND HIS FAMILY AND FROM READING TWO BOOKS: ONE BY JEREMY TREGLOWN AND THE OTHER BY DONALD STURROCK.
Finally, your book is in the Blue Peter book awards and it would be awesome if you win. Our school has judged the award but my bet (not a money bet) is not on you sadly. Is your spine tingling about the results?
I DIDN'T WIN! BUT IT WAS GOOD TO BE ON THE SHORTLIST. 
I hope you get this email, and hopefully you will come to our school. If you do, our bookclub and all the children in our school will be amazed but happy about seeing you. I know I would be!

1 comment:

  1. I love Michael Rosen books. I think it's great that you sent him an email, and he sent one back. He came to our school once and was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete