Saturday 25 January 2014

Stinkbomb & Ketchup-Face and the Quest for the Magic Porcupine by John Dougherty

We have just finished reading 'Stinkbomb & Ketchup-Face and the Quest for the Magic Porcupine' in class 4JB. It is written by our Patron of Reading, John Dougherty. We are really lucky to have read it, as it is not for sale in the shops yet.


This is what we thought:

I liked it when everybody kept landing on Malcolm the cat's tail and he kept saying 'Ouch!'. William

My favourite bit was when Stinkbomb and Ketchup-Face waited for ages at the traffic lights. This book is mad! Thomas

I liked it when the badgers threw them in the river. Molly

I love it when they have to sing the library song and make it up at the last moment, it was awesome. Megan

Dear John Dougherty, I hope you are pleased with yourself. I laughed on the bus for two days and couldn't even go to sleep. I really enjoyed it. Jodie

I loved it when the badgers kept passing notes saying 'Pretend you're a badger'. Elise

I was not expecting the badgers to be in disguise as raccoons. Don't ever trust the badgers! Jaya

My favourite bit is when they are at the traffic lights for about fifty chapters. Mollie

The library song that they had to make up was really good. The Magic Porcupine wasn't really much good at magic. Oliver

My face was hurting at playtime because I was smiling so much. Kayley

Definitely the best bit was at the traffic lights. They were there for ages. I liked it. Andrew

This book was so funny that I literally exploded. Tamzin

This book was so funny that I almost exploded. Lauren

This book was so funny but I didn't explode. Gemma

I loved the library song, my face went bright red when my teacher sang it. Jersie

How can they wait at the traffic lights for 37 chapters in a book? You'll have to find out. Tyler

Fabulous, spectacular and amazing. Madison

I loved it when Malcolm had his tail stood on all the time. Kristopher

Definitely better than David Walliams. Mr Arden

8 comments:

  1. We've just read the first Stinkbomb & Ketchup-Face book in our class and we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love stinkbom and kechupface its helarious my favorite part was at the end when kechupface sung blueberry pie. I LOVE YOUR BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOUR BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John Doughterty how are you doing mate i love your book called stinckbomb and ketchup-Face IT WAS AWSOME it made us laghth I love your books YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John Dougherty I really enjoyed it when you came to visit are school/West Earlham Juniour School. We were having so much fun aspeshilly me. I loked nit the most when you sang us the wee song and the underpantsb song. I love you book called Stinkbom and Ketchup face. I like the part when it say's, Blue-Berry Jam Blue-Berry Jam blue berry blue berry blue berry jam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I
    LOVE
    YOUR
    BOOKS
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your songs was thantastic. It made me lath and sent tirs to my eyes when you letht.Now im redding your dran new book is funny,eleris and i have lods of pajes to go.Im still lathing adallt your weey song.Im glad you came to are shcoll .When you tock adallt you book so i just had to reed you book .When i have sper time i redding your book naw you my thathrot ather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow! Thank you all for your lovely comments. I'm going to try to write a new blogpost for you all in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete