Thursday 21 November 2013

Why we love reading at West Earlham Junior School

When I read, I feel like the world is mine. I read because it makes me feel happy and sometimes sad, but in a nice way. A book is like jumping into a completely different world or having a day at the park with your family. I like to read at night, at school, after school or even on holiday.
Chloe

I love reading because nothing can distract me and it builds up my memories. Reading can calm me down and make me feel relaxed. I love any books, especially ones about magic cats.
Honey

I like reading because I have lots of fun. Reading inspires me. I always get my head stuck in a book.
William

Reading makes me happy. I like books about motorbikes and I like scary books.
Toby

When I read, I'm in my own world. Sometimes I feel relieved at the end of a book, sometimes I feel sad. I read in my room so nobody can disturb me. It's nice not to have anyone moan at me. When I get a new book, I just feel so lucky to have books.
Tamzin

I love reading in a cold bath because reading warms me up. Reading makes me feel strange, sometimes it makes me hungry. Reading makes me feel happy and sad.
Rod

I read every day, even when I'm really busy. I read wherever I am. I love reading, it makes me feel really excited.
Gemma

When I read, I learn how to look after people. I love reading because I like to be inside the book and solve problems. I am always curious when I read because you just don't know what will happen. Reading is fun, so I read lots.
Jaya

When I read, I am the main character in the story. Sometimes I read too much and I am tired in the morning. I love meeting new characters in stories. When I close my eyes and read, it makes the story a hundred times more exciting.
Megan

Reading makes me feel alive. Reading at night is my favourite because it feels so real. I just love getting new books.
Kristopher

Fiction books are so joyful to read. I like non-fiction books too because they tell you different facts about animals and ships. Also, whenever I read a book it gives me ideas. I love reading at home because I can read as long as I want. It makes me happy and smart. Reading gives me a good attitude.
Kayley

I like reading because I like adventures. Books can make you sad and joyful.
Oskaras

I read under my covers at night with my torch. I get so excited when it's a new book. I love reading because, well, I love it. I can get angry, happy or sad when I read. I have learned lots of new words. My favourite one is 'assignment'.
Tyler

When I read sad books, I have mostly sad emotions. I read books at school or at home in my bedroom. I like to read scary books and exciting books. When I get a new book, I just think WOW!
Oliver

I love reading because it's always an adventure. I just can't wait to read a new books, it's so exciting. I can't wait to get stuck into it. You can learn new words, sentences and stuff.
Jodie

Reading makes me feel good, happy or sometimes sad. I love reading at my house because I have loads of books to choose from which are funny and scary.
Mollie

Reading just makes me feel happy really.
Connor

Reading is just magical. My favourite part of a book is usually the middle. I love reading because when I read I feel awesome. I read in my bedroom and I am happy. I put effort in my reading.
Emily

I like reading because it is fun. I normally read on the sofa.
Molly

A book makes me feel very relaxed and quite clever. I love books because they get my imagination going and make me want to be creative. I love to be in another world and place. When I read stories with no words in, I always try and think about what the author wanted to write.
Jersie

Sometimes when I read, I feel like I am in a completely different place and like I'm meeting the characters in real life. I love to read under my duvet  with a torch, even more if it's a scary book. What I heard about reading is that if you read you get intelligent. If you want to be a teacher when you are older, you must teach that to the children.
Lauren

I love reading. It's a time when you can settle down and read a book. I normally like to read with the light on.
Elise

My favourite book is Nuddy Ned. It is so funny!
Michael

If you don't like reading, then you should. It is a fun thing to do and you can go on an adventure.
Madison

I like reading everywhere. It makes you really peaceful, no one can disturb you and you can have an adventure. If you read information books, then you will know more. I like books that are scary.
Thomas

A book is something special, amazing, fantastic, incredible. I like reading anywhere. I will never stop reading. I like reading battle books and adventure books, I like a book with good characters.
Andrew

I like books because they are fun and when my teacher read Billionaire Boy it was awesome.
Wesley

I love reading because some books are funny and some books are happy and some books are sad and some books are great. I read my books in bed at night and I like reading to my family. I really like picture books. I like being a reader.
Summer

5 comments:

  1. I love reading... all these reasons for loving reading! Wow! I couldn't put it better than you do, 4JB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good reasons 4JB I think you should always read . I read alot more now im am in yr 7 and i enjoy it alot more so keep reading 4JB .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant to hear Alisha. Hope you are doing well in Year 7. Glad you still look at the blog.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mr Biddle I'm reading a book by Stephen king its called the dark tower my nanny gave it to me she only had 5 of them its got 686 pages in it there is the dark tower witch I have Hallem has got the book called wolves of the calla. Haiden's got the book called lisey's story my dad has got the book called the song of Susannah and the book called dume key .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen King is a great author Jaya, but I think you might enjoy his books a lot more when you are a few years older! They are all very scary. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete