Tuesday 22 October 2013

The Treasure House

Hello, Mrs Smith here, finally taking some time out from reading to review one of our new books in the library!
   The Treasure House by Linda Newbery caught my attention because of the unusual front cover, then when I read the blurb I thought it seemed even more mysterious....and I wasn't disappointed.
   The whole story is about the strange disappearance of the main characters mother, and her attempts to work out where she is, (and why she left). Along the way we meet many of her friends and family who are quite quirky and good fun.
   I'd recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a mystery, as it has a great twist at the end. In addition I think the family and friends relationships in the story would appeal to Jacqueline Wilson fans too.

1 comment:

  1. Well I've never heard of this one Mrs Smith. I'll add it to my already enormous half-term reading pile.

    ReplyDelete