Thursday 19 September 2013

Stinkbomb & Ketchup-Face and the Badness of Badgers by John Dougherty

We were very excited to be the one of the first classes in the whole country to read the new book by our Patron of Reading, John Dougherty. This is what we thought:

When Ketchup-Face was singing the song to the badgers, it made me laugh like crazy. Andrew, 8.

I liked it when Ketchup-Face kept saying that she hadn't finished her song. Jaya, 8.

I loved it when Ketchup-Face kept jumping on Stinkbomb's feet and he kept saying 'OW!'. Kayley, 9.

It was so funny and I kept laughing all they way through. Rod, 8.

I liked the part when we found out what had happened to the missing money. Kristopher, 8.

Blueberry jam! I laughed so hard my head fell off. Megan, 8.

My best bit was when they set the dustbin trap for the badgers. Gemma, 8.

I enjoyed the bit where Ketchup-Face kept singing the song about jam. Madison, 8.

It was so funny, I laughed all week. Tyler, 8.

The Blueberry Jam song is the funniest song ever. It nearly made me wet myself. Oliver, 8.

My eyes were watering because this book made me laugh so much! Jersie, 8.

It was so funny, I was in stitches. Lauren, 8.

I liked the bit when they kept putting their feet into each others mouths. Tamzin, 8.

It was so funny that we nearly cried. Elise and Mollie, 8.

I liked the bit when everyone got caught by the evil badgers. Jodie, 8.

I liked it so much! Michael, 9 (Happy Birthday Michael!)

She should have had more verses in the jam song. Emily, 8.

Please don't make me sing the jam song again! Mr Biddle, 25.

I like the bit where we find out why badgers are called badgers! Mr Arden, unknown.

We couldn't find a picture of the cover of the book, so here is a picture of a badger.

4 comments:

  1. I liked the bit when they argued about the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haiden Norman (CityAcademy student)8 October 2013 at 18:18

    I heard the jam song from Jaya and it sounds tasty

    I also still know the book blog Mr Biddle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told haiden and hallem the jam song the found it tasty and that's what they thought about all night so I had to make them scared by waking them up and I said BOO and they woke up in a fright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the best part for the book for me was the song.

    what was your favrouit part Mr Biddle ?????

    ReplyDelete