Monday 8 September 2014

Punctuation by User Design

Normally I read stories and poems but my teacher said because I was a really good writer, would I read a book all about punctuation? I did and I enjoyed reading it. Did you know that there are 21 punctuation signs? Most of them I knew (full stops, question marks, apostrophes and lots more) but there were some I didn't know. The one that I didn't know but I liked the best was called the pilcrow. You could use it when you start a new paragraph. It looks like a backwards P.

This is called a pilcrow

I also learned about curly brackets, square brackets and a few more. There is also a difference between a dash and a hyphen. This book is the book to read if you want to know about how to get better at using punctuation. It is not too tricky to understand (although some bits are) and the pictures are quite weird but funny to look at. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it might be.

Thank you for reading my review. If you have any questions about this book you can ask me on the book blog. You can also find out more about the book at www.userdesign.co.uk.

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment